Tuesday, August 18, 2009

GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!

If any of you know me very well, you know I am SO scared of spiders! I hate them! The world would be a better place without them as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure they're needed in some ecological sense, but I really don't care. So tonight I wanted to go downstairs and find a book that is boxed up somewhere, and this is what was in our stairwell.

I about died!! These things were HUGE! I didn't dare to get close to them and squish them, so I called Carey to find out where our bug spray was. Luckily it sprays like 5 feet. I started spraying them and they of course ran off. But I knew I wouldn't sleep well if they were still alive, so I jumped down the stairs, sprayed them until all the spray was gone, and then sat there for 5 minutes making sure they were dead. I got the biggest one and saved it and took a picture so Carey would believe me that these were Hobo Spiders. It doesn't look that big, but alive it really was bigger and not so shriveled up.

Anyway, I will sleep better knowing that 2 Hobo Spiders are dead. They are gross, disgusting creatures!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I wouldn't be able to sleep either...I'll take bears in my backyard anyday!!! :)

The Suttons said...

Yuck!! I share your dislike of spiders-they are awful!!

Mandee said...

That is one ugly spider! good luck with those.

Anonymous said...

ACK! Carrie, when we lived in Pocatello, our house was infested with Hobo spiders and we had no idea what they were. All I knew was we were busily painting and I kept screaming everytime I saw a spider (which was about every 5 minutes) The carpet guys came to install the carpet and said "Wow you guys sure have a lot of Hobo spiders in your house" I immediately looked them up on the web and FREAKED OUT. The color of my new carpet? HOBO SPIDER BROWN. Yikes. I don't miss that AT ALL!!

Miss you girl! Your family is beautiful!!!

~Ronna