Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Huckleberries!


So, we decided to try to find huckleberries this year. We have never seen a huckleberry so we just printed a picture off the internet. Long story short, we found some huckleberries! It was so much fun! They were not at all what we expected as far as what the plant looked like and how hard they were to pick. We had a good time though. Allie and Easton ate so many precious berries while we picked. I was constantly telling them to pick more and eat less, but it was funny to watch them chow down. Here are some pictures of our adventure.

Getting Ready To Make The Pie

The Pie!! A little ugly, but it tasted good.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think your huckleberry story is hilarious! I went with a family friend a few days later and she said, "It even smells like huckleberries here." I just started laughing! You are not the only person who can SMELL huckleberries!

leslie mae said...

Huckleberries are my very favorite!! I haven't been picking in a couple years though and I just used my last jar... I think it's going to be a long year without them!!!!