These are the type of flowers I love! Ones that don't die 2 days later. :) Anyway, each flower has something written on it from each person, something they like that I do. For example, one of Allie's was "Warner Tuck-Ins," and one of Easton's was that I help him "jam on his guitar." It was such a cute idea, and I LOVE Dr. Pepper, so it was good all the way around.
At church Allie had her first "primary performance." The primary kids all sang a mother song. Allie went up, but was so embarrassed she kept her arms folded over her mouth the whole time. Every once in a while she would look at me and wave, but she was so scared! Poor thing!
Anyway, I love my wonderful husband and his thoughtfulness. I'm a pretty lucky gal! Also, thanks to my amazing mom! I hope I can become half of what she has become, and that one day, I, too, can become the winner of the "Meanest Mother Award." I know now that everything she did was for my benefit, and now that I'm a mother, I only hope my kids know that everything I do is for them, even though they don't always understand or realize it. I love being a mother, even though it is definitly the most difficult thing I have done, but the most rewarding. Happy Belated Mother's Day to all those mom's who read this!



13 comments:
Totally jealous!! I never get Dr. Pepper from my family. HMMM, I wonder why? :) Just so I don't forget, I did get burnt toast and day old milk in bed at 5:30 a.m. from Kyndra!! Can't beat that! :)
I agree that being a mother is the best! Your kids are lucky to have you as a mom! Happy Belated Mother's Day!
What a cute idea...love the flowers! I'm glad you had a nice Mothers Day. I'm sorry to hear Easton got bucked off his horse :) Looks like he is still carrying a smile though...that's always a good thing.
I love those gifts! What a great family you have created!
Very Cute! I love those kinds of flowers too. We need to get together again. If this wind ever stops we will have to do a BBQ. When can you start coming to Girls Night Out again???
I love your posts Carrie. I love your mother's day ideas from your cute family. Being a mom is the hardest thing ever, and it never ends. :)
Did you know Wes and Becca are private bloggers? I saw your private blooger list. They are also.
Carey did well- what a cute idea!
What a good husband-mine didn't do anything or say anything to me the whole day-wasn't the best mother's day I've ever had. Anyways-really cute! Miss you guys!
Lookss like some yummy dr. flower's. I hope that you had a good mother's day.
What a cute idea! I was bummed that I missed the Mother's Day mtg... it's one of my favorite Sundays!! Missionary brother calling home trumps it though!
PS... how do you know Amber & Will? I went to school with Amber!
How sweet!
I love the little things they say - kids are the best.
Being a Mother is TOUGH huh? But in time... most realize that parents have their reasons! I'm so glad that my parents were "mean"!
Hey-
I keep checking back, and you haven't updated for a while... you must be having a great summer and are too busy to post.. have fun!
Post a Comment