Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I LOVE THE RAIN!

So it has been raining here since last night. I loved falling asleep to the sound of the rain! Because I love the rain I created a playlist with just rain songs that I'm going to put on the blog whenever it rains. So, if I missed any good "rainy day" songs, please let me know. I would love to add them!

In other news...last night I had a freak out moment. After hearing the story, I'm sure some others out there would have too. Easton & Allie like to get water out of the bathroom sink with their little cups they use when they brush their teeth. So, last night Easton was in there getting a drink out of the sink like usual, or so I thought. He came out of the bathroom a little too proud of himself, so I followed him back to see what he was up to. When I did I started screaming, "No, No, Stop, Stop," and of course he just looked at me and smiled. He was taking his little cup and scooping water out of the toilet and DRINKING it. I guess, if I want to look at the bright side of things, Allie had actually flushed the potty after using it. PHEW!! Anyway, chalk one up for worst mother of the year!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Kyle loves to play in the toilet - I'm always relived when it's been flushed myself!

I know you just built a house and all but if you love the rain you should consider Alaska. We've actually been having really nice weather but we typically get more than our fair share of rain here in Valdez! You definitely need to at least come for a visit! :)

mickelsenfamily said...

Oh no! Ask him if toliet water tastes different than tap water :) he he! I love the rain too! It's so calming. Sorry I haven't called to get together yet...I'm a slacker! Now I'll just have to wait until I get this cast off. I havent't had my car for 6 weeks either so I guess I'd need that to drive huh? Hope all is going well :)

Em said...

oh my gosh, Carrie. YUCK! I can't help but laugh, but that is so grose! Boys will be boys...

I also love the rain. The smell, the sound, everything.

There's a bunch of "rain" songs I can think of, but some of them are pretty lame. Singin' in the Rain (musical)....Rain (Madonna)...Can you Stand the Rain (New Edition)...Rain (Beatles)...Raindrops keep Falling on my head (BJ Thomas)...The Rain (Missy Elliott)...The Rain Song (Led Zepplin)...November Rain (Guns n' Roses)...Kentucky Rain (Elvis)...A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall (Jason Mraz)...Only Happy When it rains (Garbage)...Red Rain (Peter Gabriel)

Wow. There are more rain songs than I thought. LOL. Sorry.

Stephanie said...

That is hilarious! I can just see his little grin!

Nakamoto Ohana said...

He is all Boy!! Love It!

Shane said...

Carrie, thanks for the money for the Ukraine trip. I really appreciated it. It will help out great. You'll have to check up on my blog to see updates of the trip.