Thursday, April 23, 2009

Happy Birthday To My Favorite Sweetie!

So, Carey turned 32 yesterday. He had to work so our only celebration was having dinner and cake and ice cream. Earlier in the month he got his birthday present. An Ipod. I was tired of sharing mine. I got him one so that he could use it on his way to and from work, AND so that I can take his twangy music off mine. :) Anyway, it didn't seem right that he didn't get anything from us on his birthday, so I took the kids to the local grocery store and let them pick out something to give their dad. Allie ended up giving him a Tootsie Roll bank, and Easton gave him a windmill. It made me laugh! He also had a yellow cake with pink frosting, because that's what we had already. :) I let the kids decorate the cake with sprinkles and candles. Let's just say it was definitely an original. Anyway, I am so glad to have this wonderful man in my life. What a great husband and father!!

THE KIDS AFTER DECORATING THE CAKE!


CAREY'S WINDMILL FROM EASTON

3 comments:

Mandee said...

That is one cute cake, its fits for the birthday boy. Don't pass out playing with the windmill! Happy birthday old man. Clint

Brooke said...

I love the windmill and the tootsie roll bank! What a great idea to involve the kids that way! I hate to tell you though, but you're married to an old man...make sure you pass that along to my buddy! Ha ha!

Stephanie said...

That is an awesome cake! Happy b-day Carey!