Thursday, July 24, 2008

Memory Tag

So much has happened this last month that I have not had time to upload the pix. So, to keep my blog updated, I am playing a fun little game, courtesy of my friend Brooke. I'll get to the pix eventually!!

Memory Tag
Here are the rules:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

12 comments:

Nakamoto Ohana said...

I have so many memories, it was hard to pick just one, but I did, thanks to the help of Shayli and Kyndra.
I remember when we shared a bed, especially in Mt. Green. We would stay up either talking or playing and mom would come in and tell us to be quiet. We would usually hear her coming and we would always try to fake being asleep. As I recall, I would always get in trouble for being to noisy. Mom didn't want me to wake you up. You were the best fake sleeper ever. We would always giggle quietly when mom left the room knowing at least one of us fooled her.
It's funny cuz Shay and Kyn do they same thing and Shay is the one always in trouble! :)
Love ya!!

Brooke said...

Oh, Carrie! It's amazing that in just like 7 months, we had so many fun memories! We miss you guys too!

*sitting on the lawn in front of the power plant drinking like grape juice or something. It was strong and I got nervous that it was alcoholic.

*eating Thai food with you guys...and finding out that you put rotting fish stuff in it. It was still really good.

*American Idol nights!

* Having you record Channel 6 at like 5:30 in the morning because of ISU Idol. Thanks for that!

*Endless torment from Carey. He's so mean.

*Just having the best friends to live next to! It didn't last long enough. I don't think we could still live there though. Can you imagine having kids in those sardine cans of houses? That's a funny thought.

mickelsenfamily said...

My favorite memory was getting to know you. I was so happy you would allow me to take over your jr high class while you were out with allie. I loved that you would comfort me on the phone while I called you and asked you about all the stuff that jr high kids would do that would baffle me. It was great. I also remember all the special ed meetings that we'd have to go to and you and I would sit in the back and just talk. You mentioned you were pregnant with child number two and I was so happy for you. Our little lunch dates were always fun too when we'd just get to hang out. You are great and I'm glad that I know you!

Terry Lynn said...

I remember how you would always come over just before school would start in the Fall, and come across the street and model each of your new school clothes outfits. I thought that was so much fun.

I remember you and Emily getting in big arguments playing Barbies, I think. (Halarious) And both of you wanting to live in the same tree while you were making home movies. There are so many funny memories of you and Emily.

mickelsenfamily said...

Oh how can we forget about the "setting up with my son" moments. That was awful and then I remember one morning there was a camera in my face and the pictures were going to be sent to the "son". As if teenage kids weren't hard enough to handle. Oh the memories...good time...good times...

Nakamoto Ohana said...

Okay I have to leave more:

Teasing you about the white pill!!

When you were tattling on me and Matt for doing "AHH this and this!"

Trying to be the best dancer in the field in your pink spandex leotard.

Our matching Christmas PJS.

Listening to all of your funny Allie and Easton stories. Especially when you've had a long day with them. Its something I have in common with you.

Being there with you in the temple when you got married, but especially being there with you when it was moms turn.

Could go on forever!
Sure love ya and miss ya!!

Sally said...

Making Gingerbread houses at Emily's. Good food, good friends. Cute activity. I think it was your birthday!

Bench Family said...

I remember when I met you at Snow College. I walked into our dorm and was immediately thankful that I had you. I think you kept me sane that year.

Your stories.... I loved all your stories.

The night you kissed Joe.

The time you got mad at me for leaving empty egg shells in the egg carton...ok, now I can admit it was kinda gross. (I'm still trying to kick that habit)

You and Becky cheerleading.

Playing flag football with you- you were completely awesome!

The night you kissed Spencer.

Hiking to the Arch with our Geology class. I think I got my worst grade ever in that class.

You handwriting. You have the most amazing handwriting.

Toiletpapering the Morg

Roll fights in our apartment.

The clogged garbage disposal at Castelija (Darn it, I can't remember how to spell that)

Going on a shopping trip to ZCMI and modeling all the facy schmancy dresses.

Water fights at Mountain View

You were the best at towel flippin.

Ok can you tell I was looking through my Snow College photo albums?

I think we should go back to those days- just for a week- man we had a lot of fun!

Stephanie said...

Well, I loved the American Idol nights, the scrapbooking, talking and laughing for hours, the Tai food, having babies at almost the same time (speaking of which- you'd better get with it!), and of course all of the crazy fun at Franklin that brought us together. My favorite memory of you is that first interview at Franklin. I thought, "Now there is a girl who can hold her own. She can handle this job. Plus, I know we would be friends." Guess it worked out- You are one of the sweetest truest friends ever and I am so excited that you'll be moving here soon!

Caranna said...

My favorite memory of you was the night we played Bunco at your house!
Bunco is always fun, but I remember non-stop laughter! My tummy hurt when I got home because I exercised my laughing muscles so much!
You even make a somewhat healthy dessert! Yogurt Parfaits yum, yum!!

Amber said...

Carrie! Wow! It is so great to find you on here! How are you these days? It looks like life is good! I miss ya like crazy! Okay - for a memory all I have to say is Bunco! good times! miss ya!

Amber said...

oh one more thing... do you have katy rawlins email so that i can add her and check out her blog? or have her email me if she would rather - its peachy_eh@hotmail.com thanks a million!