Well, I'm a day late as always, but I just wanted to say how greatful I am for all the wonderful dad's in my life. I have had a ton of wonderful father figures in my life: Dad, Keith, Grandpa Warner, Grandpa Dahlstrom, Gayle, Uncle Kim, Uncle Bill, and my brother Rod. They have all played the role at various times in my life and I'm so thankful to them. All of them are so awesome, and I can honestly say that my life would have turned out differently if not for them. Anyway, I love all of you!! But, most of all, I'm thankful for the wonderful father of our children. Carey is the best! Here are ten reasons that I love him as a father and husband!
1. He has given our kids a love for the outdoors.
2. He is a wonderful dad! Even after a long days work he still helps with the kids and plays with them instead of "taking a break."
3. He gives me a moment of sanity by sometimes taking the kids for 5-10 minute walks after dinner so that I can have some peace and quiet. :)
4. He is still my best friend, and is patient with me when I know it sometimes cannot be easy.
5. He works hard and "brings home the bacon" so that I can stay at home with the kids. Something that I can never repay him enough for. I would miss out on so much, and even though it is often a struggle to always be in "mommy mode," I wouldn't change it for the world.
6. He makes me laugh! What can be better than a good laugh?
7. My family loves him. I know that's probably wierd that it's important to me, but I don't know what can be better than to know that we can go someone's house and have a good time no matter what. No contention or bad feelings. Even Rod, a huge Aggie fan, likes him even though he's a BYU fan. That's a big deal!! :)
8. He doesn't let me have my own way all the time. When I'm a brat he doesn't just give in. Thank goodness!! I seriously would hate if he did everything I wanted him too. It shows he's not a pushover, which I think is important.
9. His family always comes first. Since we've been married he's had to miss out on a lot of outdoor activities and sports because we just can't afford it or there was some family thing we needed to be at, or he just wants to spend more time with us. I know a lot of people where outdoor activities and sports always are a priority over spending time with family, so I love him for always choosing us!
10. He honors his priesthood! Is there anything to be more thankful for?
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, CAREY! I LOVE YOU!



1 comment:
Wow, what an awesome update. But who said he could come to my house? :) Just Kidding!!
Post a Comment